Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's that time again...

I can't believe the weekend flew by, and now Tuesday's half done... my days have been filled with tons of activity - of course getting ready for the holiday season!

Sunday we put up our humble little tree...





It's so great that we already have a bunch of little traditions in connection with this each year...
And yes, it's that time of year again - I've started my advent cards!

A few years ago I started a little tradition of giving my husband a card for each day in December - now, there usually end up being a couple of days that it just doesn't happen, and he understands this, but it has been a great way to refocus during the busy holiday time - gets you thinking about what really counts, and what's important. It also sort of forces me {in a good way!} to take a few minutes out of m y busy schedule for me. Because as much as they are for him, I benefit just as much.

Otherwise, things have been filled with the normal, everyday tasks. Cleaning, laundry, messes... yes, this is the life right now! :P

Happy Tuesday!! :D

3 comments:

Lisa Carroll said...

Beautiful Card Leah, and a wonderful tradition too!

Anonymous said...

Love your tradition Leah! What a great idea! Gosh I might do some too. Cute card and I love your humble little tree. :)
Jess

Amanda said...

awwe.. I love seeing your family decorate that adorable little tree! the boys looks so totally into it!
wow.. one card a day for your hubby??!! Pretty amazing girl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails