Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A REALLY cool thing for your iphone...

Ok. So I know there's lots of hype out there over the iphone, but I swear, we've had our's for a little over a year now, and I have a tough time picturing my life without mine. I carry my schedule on the calendar, all of my contacts are available at the touch of a button, I have constant access to the web, and a great source of entertainment for our boys at my fingertips if I need it. {I carry a rotation of a couple of their favorite tv shows, so if the event that I need them entertained, I've got it... not often, but hey. It's life! Great for that wait in the PO line. :P}

Anyway, I wanted to take a minute to talk about one of the awesome apps that I discovered on Saturday. I was sitting in B&N flipping through a stack of Graphic Design/Photoshop themed magazines, and stumbled upon an ad for Neenah Paper. I'm not about to recommend their product or anything, 'cause I've never used it and haven't the faintest idea how good it is at this point, but I did check out the free app that they advertised... It basically generates color palettes for you - either based on a photo, their particular papers, Dewey Attiributes or by you dialing in RGB/CMYK values. I've tried out several of these methods, and have to say... it's one of the most fun things I've ever played with! I can't wait to use it to integrate into designing! There's also a fuller version available online which I haven't registered for yet, so I can't say whether it's free or requires some kind of membership.

Ok. So I'm an art geek. At least I know this. ^_^

I know I posted that I would be putting together another Valentine idea for today, but I'm thinking it's gonna happen more like tomorrow. I've got a few things that I need to take care of this afternoon and won't get a chance to play until this evening! I'll be sure to post it tomorrow, though!

Happy Hump Day! WooHoo! We're halfway to the weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails