Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday love...

Can you tell I'm just trying to make it through the week, here? LOL

Week 5 of my project 52! Woot! Moving along...


Also I promised yesterday, that I'd pass along a few things that work for my in the area of cleaning...

Definitely once you have an organizational system in place like we discussed last week, it helps keep things less cluttered to begin with! And to be honest, keeping a daily rotation of cleanup is what keeps me sane. I spend a few minutes each day cleaning up, and that literally keeps things from piling up, so I don't have to spend mega amounts of time cleaning any one thing. Kitchen is cleaned up after meals. Bathrooms given a quick wipe down once a day when I walk in, vacuuming once every couple of days when the toys are picked up for the day, floors wiped down with a damp mop once a week, or as necessary. I know something that has recently become popular is a system called speedcleaning. It's great if you don't already have a system in place, I guess!

It's basically the same philosophy that I have pretty much in life - do what you have to do in the best, most efficient manner, so that you can get on with what you want to do! :)

The second thing I would add - I rotate one deep clean item/task in each week. I spend an hour on that task. That way I don't end up with the annual "tear the house apart so we can get it clean" thing. :) This week is was the grout in our bathroom. Last week it was scrubbing down the stainless in the kitchen... some weeks it's sorting through stuff to donate, so they don't pile up.

Hope those tips were helpful! It can seem a bit overwhelming at first if you don't have a system - but once you do, you'll find how freeing it really is!

Have a happy Thursday!! :D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable layout Leah! And those are great tips too... I need to do a little at a time also otherwise it just gets to overwhelming! Hope you're having a great weekend. :)

rachel said...

mmm, your cleaning schedule is inspiring! haha. goood job. i hope i can do that when i have kids. and your page is lovely! are you doing a page a week for a year?

Related Posts with Thumbnails