and switching out our lightbulbs:
Using re-usable bags and eating a lot of organic foods, driving fuel efficient vehicles...
But other, new things have changed this year.
* We got rid of bottled water.If you aren't aware of the impact that it has on our planet and body, you can check it out here. Really good article.
* We got rid of processed foods.The most "processed" thing we eat around here is our cereal. And we stick to organic - preservative free brands.
* We switched back to 99% organic foods. The other 1% is either all natural, or the occasional treat. I do a quite a bit of baking and cooking, so this hasn't been a burden for us.
* We went whole grain.
* We switched from paper to cloth:
* We switched personal care items like deodorant, shampoo, and toothpaste for brands that don't include harmful preservatives, artificial sweeteners, or aluminum.
I have felt better and stronger since the changes!
What things do you do in your lives to be earth friendly?
Oddly enough, we've found that the changes have personally benefited us in so many ways. Once you start adding them up, the part of you that told yourself it would be a sacrifice? Well, it just has to shut up. ;)
Happy Earth Day 2010!