Saturday, July 10, 2010

one down, two to go!

I finished the first dress that I was working on! In fact, I wore it to the movies with my hubby last night. ^_^

I LOVE Amy Butler's meticulous attention to detail in her patterns... I've never been disappointed. I used this one for this dress, and her fabric for it as well. Her cottons are heavy weight with great durability - and you can't beat the bright colors and lovely patterns.


This is the inside of the bodice:

invisible zipper. And yes, it takes a bit of skill to match the pattern in the fabric, just so...
And finally, the hem.
The only thing that disappointed me was my under - or I should say, over estimation of myself! I really am having a hard time getting used the that fact that I need to shop and sew things that are a size small. Never in my life, people. Never. I made this as a medium - going according to the measurements on the pattern, and I really could have gone with a small! Ack! I'm totally not disappointed in the dress at all though! It fits my style to a "T" - comfy. chic. I'm comfortable, but at the same time, look like a million bucks! It's also the best way to beat the summer heat in my opinion!

I'll be sure to keep you updated on my other two projects!

Mmmm... we were treated to a yummy Jamaican family breakfast this morning, courtesy of my mother-in-law.
It was delish! Happy weekend all!!

12 comments:

beckyjune said...

Wow, Leah, you look amazing! That dress turned out so cute- you never stop amazing me with all of the things you know how to do.

Unknown said...

Love it!!!! Oh you look so fab. Gorgeous gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing Leah and you look gorgeous in that photo!! GREAT dress!!

Rachel Chieppa said...

Leah, It looks great! I'm so impressed! Love the pattern and the fabric! Thanks for sharing. You look great!

Unknown said...

Your dress looks fantastic! I'm so impressed that you made it. You breakfast looks good too. :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee the dress!! It is GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Sheri said...

You should have your own show, move over Martha!!

Mette said...

WOW!!!! You look amazing! That dress is really so beautiful. And so are you... :)

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

Oh, I LOVE it!! Mail it to me!!! I'm a medium! LOL!

Cheri said...

The dress looks lovely!!! And I love the colors and pattern! You did a fantastic job!!!

Unknown said...

i love this!! Its fantastic and i love the colours so much... the cut is gorgeous and it suits you very well :)

Deana said...

You are TALENTED... and looking so CUTE, too! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails