Tuesday, July 6, 2010

summer salads: part 2 {death by broccoli}

hehe... i must apologize for two food posts in a row! It's the abundance of subject matter with the recent holiday... and since one of my major goals this year is to document and categorize my recipes, you'll have to bear with me! and hopefully enjoy it! lol

{Death by Broccoli}
and a pleasant and happy one it would be, too! This is inspired by a recipe of one of my aunts! She used to bring something really similar to this to family gatherings - I've basically switched up the proportions. Even as a child, when raw broccoli wasn't my thing, I loved this salad. Now that I'm grown and am happy to munch my veg regardless, this is still a fabulous treat! We love it especially for bbq's to go alongside potato salad and a grilled burger. Mmmm...

2 heads of broccoli
6 oz. of cheddar cheese, grated
9 oz. of bacon, cooked and crumbled{ I bake mine in the oven - WAY less hassle and mess. And if you're wondering how it turns out -  you already know! it's the only way it's cooked in restaurants. ;-)}
3/4 c. onion, finely chopped
Toss everything together is a dish that'll be easy to stir everything around in.



the sauce:
2 c. mayonnaise
1/2 c. sugar
4 T. white vinegar
Mix together and pour over the above ingredients.
Toss everything together and serve! It's great for a couple of days, too, so if you need to make it ahead, it's perfect. ^_^

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails