Saturday, November 20, 2010

december daily love

I took just a brief moment this afternoon before the sun headed under to take some photos of the album I've put together so far for my december daily. It's 25 pages of messy. And full of layers and I had so much fun making it. Thanks to Ali for inspiring such a fun project that will document the holidays for our family! I'll be adding photos and stuff from our daily activities throughout the month of December.

Hopefully it's inspiring to you, too!

{look for it in the Scrapbook Trends: Create Mini Albums Winter 2011 issue}

I have big plans for this page... we're going to be hitting a live nativity one night in December.


I've left my final page fairly blank - though I've reserved my numbers... I want to have plenty of room to fit in whatever I decide that I want here.


If you're interested in the supplies that I used, here's a not-so-comprehensive list. I'm trying to remember them all, but ahhh...
Prima 8x8 canvas album
Fancy Pants Designs Traditions: papers, rubons, element stickers, ribbons, journal book, glitter cuts, flocked transparency, and  tags and titles.
American Crafts: Abode "tenant phrases" thickers, "stroll" thickers in chestnut, marquis thickers in red, assorted christmas brads, metal rose brads, christmas rose trim, accents dimensional phrases, winter blooms, garland greetings paper, tidings details felt stickers, love tenderness felt flowers.
Hambly Screenprints: doily, woodgrain, and vintage plaid  transparencies, scrapbooker's sonata gold paper.
October Afternoon: mini market letter stickers in notebook and aqua. {interesting to note that the "i" looks just like a "1", so I was able to pull all of my numbers together easily!}
Tattered Angels: patina and candy apple red glimmermists, and decorative chipboard pieces.
Jillibean Soup: twines in red and brown and green.
Tim Holtz tattered florals diecut.
my sewing machine + brown thread.
Delta texture magic in white. {I'll most likely be adding more snowflakes...}
Pebbles, Inc chalk stencils. {I have older ones, but these newer ones are totally cute!}
Nikki Sivils burlap buttons in red.
Whew! I think I made it. It almost took longer to make that list than the album. Or wait... maybe not...

I just love the chunkiness of a good album. {sigh}

Can't wait to add our pictures and such to document some of our traditions! We actually have a quite a few that we honor every year...

Hope you enjoy a creative weekend!

14 comments:

Deana said...

It's stunning, Leah, and I'm glad to see you found more numbers! ;-)

Have a great weekend!

dalijablog said...

wow! that's beautiful! I love that you using a fabric album instead of a paper one. Did you make that yourself too?

Wahkuna said...

LOVE THIS!!!! Great job!! :-) I just started putting my album together, I can't wait to get to this stage too! I also love that it's fabric...taking note of that inspiration for a future album.

Lea L. said...

Wow...this is gorgeous, Leah!! So beautifully embellished, and I just love the colors you used! ♥♥♥

beckyjune said...

Leah, this is simply incredible. What a gorgeous book. I really need to make one; what an inspiration you are. Oh, btw, I got the pumpkins- send me a Paypal so I can pay you ☺ or send me your Paypal address, okay?

Haberdawoman said...

Stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You never cease to amaze me!

Sandy Ang said...

Incredible, wonderful and so inspiring !

amytangerine said...

dang you are good!
this is making me feel like a total slacker for only having my cover done.

Unknown said...

Wow, amazing! This is really beautiful.

Sheri said...

Um, drool! I love it! You Rock!!!!!!

Jenn K said...

What a beautiful album!!

Unknown said...

ah just beautiful! I love the cloth book! May have to do that next year!

Cindy Tobey said...

Pure gorgeousness Leah! Love it!!!

Kim Watson said...

Leah your album is gorgeous! So creative & interesting...I LOVE it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails