Saturday, June 18, 2011

last minute father's day ideas

I admit it. As much as I really try - there are still a quite a few things that end up last minute. I'm a great planner, but when you fill your days with more than is humanly possible to accomplish, it happens! lol

So today I wanted to share some fun ideas I've come across for Father's Day giftwrap + cards. 

genius. And totally cute. But not too girly {that's essential}They suggest using a new or thrifted bow tie - but you can also get directions to make your own here. They also have fun tips for tying a bow tie if you're like me and don't have a clue...

If your man's just not the bow tie wearing type, here's a fun set of direction to make neckties! I've actually made these before, and it's really fun. I love the look of a high quality cotton fabric - just like they suggest in this post. Anyway. Fun twist on the classic - give-dad-a-necktie-it's-father's-day thing.


Sweet and simple bag idea. This person used these for party favors, but I think it'd be fun however you choose to use it. She actually has a bunch of fun stuff that you could adapt to father's day in this post - like the necktie bunting banner and and chocolate mustache lollies! Mmmm...

Love this lapel card. Classy a sweet. I was thinking there might be a fun way to slide a giftcard in there somehow...

I thought this off the cuff card was a nice little twist as well. Simple and classic

And here's one I made using Noel's Mary Ellen kit:

This post was fun! I totally reminded me of the "inspire me monday" posts I used to do. I think I need to make the time to do those more often again. :)

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are all awesome girl!! LOVING that shirt/tie you made using Noel's kit! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

dalijablog said...

I LOVE all those ideas! And your card is awesome! So cool and realistic, lol ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails