Thursday, October 27, 2011

sweet treats, a halloween treat bag diy and a little feature.

I really love this time of year! I'll admit - all of the extra activities and fun with the kids can really add some craziness to your life - but at least it's a fun crazy! We've been going over halloween costume plans and activity schedules for the upcoming weekend this week, along with taking treats to the boys' PE class:
Yum. Plain and simple. Crazy? Yes. Fun? Yeah, I'd say a little bit!

I wanted to post my project that I did for American Crafts this month! I took one look at those stamps that came with the Halloween/Autumn line that they put together this year and said, "Ohhhhh." And next it was, "I know exactly what I'm going to do with these!" I literally emailed our design team coordinator, Paige Evans, and requested the month's tutorial project before I had even put one together...

This is the final - and I have to admit, they came out even better than I had hoped! And I am now hopelessly addicted to the American Crafts Pigment Inks. I used them on my previous post when I created the "Haunted" album, and they stamp beautifully on the chalkboard surface. {You just need to be sure to dry them a bit with your heat gun, to make sure they don't smudge.}


You can check out a step by step tutorial on how to stitch up these fun treat bags over on the American Crafts Blog. Along with my little "Keep Calm" inspired sign:


I've seen a few signs floating around the internet with the phrase, and thought it was cute! I decided to create one with my supplies...

And this post, over on the Molly Makes {a British crafter's magazine's}blog was pointed out to me - they featured my project and post over on their blog! I was pretty darn excited when I saw, since they had some nice things to say! It was a fun thing to have happen on a rough, rough week! We can all use a pick-me-up sometimes, right? ^_^

Happy Thursday!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails