Tuesday, August 21, 2012

home, sweet home, a workshop, a magazine cover, and an easy scrapbook page

It's lovely to be back home after our combined trip to see family {and celebrate my parent's 40th wedding anniversary}, and a fabulous evening teaching at The Scrapbooking Studio! Amy, the owner, was a TREAT to work with, and I think everyone had fun! We also squeezed in a wee trip to Chicago while we were there! It was a little crazy, a bit relaxing, and LOTS of fun.

While at The Scrapbooking Studio, I had the opportunity to meet a couple of  ladies that I've been able to work on design teams with - so cool to meet them in real life after chatting a bit online! ^_^ Megan had one of the other ladies in the class take this great photo, and left a sweet note for me on facebook! I'm so glad she enjoyed the class and got something useful out of it! ^_^


I also had a brief chance to meet Jen Chapin! As you can see from her blog postings, she had their baby just TWO DAYS after I saw her at the class! Eeps! Huge congrats to her family on their new little one! ^_^

I'm busy doing the scramble to get things back to semi-normal after our absence - shipping lots of orders for the shop that were placed while I was away, and catching up on any assignments that need turning in. I haven't even had a chance to share my pages from August for Get It Scrapped OR Jenni Bowlin, so I'm going to try to squeeze in a few brief regular postings... I'm also prepping for the start of another school year with the boys. I just went through their books today to see what needs ordering and organizing, and before you know it, we'll be back at it!

Stay posted on news for the shop if you're interested in my newest flair button sets! I'm planning {and crossing my fingers!!} That I'll have the chance to list them in my papercrafting shop by September 1st! I have them all here, I just need to take the time to photograph and list them!  Newsletter subscribers will have 24 hour notice of the shop listings before I post them here and on instagram! I posted this tiny peek last week of one of the sets!


I also haven't yet shared here - if you don't follow my other blog that's more about my handmade business, bluebird chic - that I had the honor of writing the cover article for one of my favorite crafting magazines, Mollie Makes! Here's a peek at the cover - you should start seeing copies of the September issue on shelves at your local JoAnn Fabrics in the next week or so!


Ending off with a quick page that I made for Get It Scrapped - Easy Scrapbook Pages. Stop in here to see tips on how to create the page.


Now. Back to work! LOL

Have a lovely Tuesday!

2 comments:

The Sonboul's said...

CUTE layout. Love the texture in the mist. You are so lucky you got to visit with Megan. She lives way to far from me. I love her!

Hey, Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your too sweet. It always means so much

teacakemake said...

Cute flair and layout! It was awesome seeing you in Mollie Makes, I subscribe to that awesome magazine!

Related Posts with Thumbnails