Wednesday, September 4, 2013

monochromatic and lovely

I've always loved the look of monochromatic projects. And this month I put together three cards for the American Crafts blog to share with you!


Sorry for the smaller than usual size! I formatted these for the assignment and forgot to make another set - and now I'm not at home on my computer with the original files. Oops!

Hopefully you can still see the details. What says "I miss you" more than a puppy?


Funny enough, this was inspired by the opening of one of my list of favorite kid's shows that our oldest son used to watch when he was little - Little Bill. He used to end the opening sequence with, "hello, friend!" I love the soft mint colors of this.


And I love the soft and subtle colors of this - a graceful acknowledgment of a lovely accomplishment - twenty-five years of (hopefully happy!) marriage. These soft blooms were created using plain old crepe paper that I had left over on my shelf from some party decor. Just fold them in half lengthwise, stitch up the edge to gather, and wrap to form the bloom. Once you're happy glue it together.

Hope you're inspired to create some lovely monochromatic projects!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails