Monday, September 16, 2013

OLW - word up for September: DO


For any of those of my blog readers who may be in the same spot as I am - isn't it just FUN {insert eye roll HERE}, when conversation comes around to what exactly it is that you do for a living? When we were assigned this word for the month's inspiration, I tossed a few ideas around - like, "what things would I like to be doing?" or "do what you love." or even "do less", but ultimately this was the thought that stuck out the most to me.

I really do feel blessed to be able to do what I do for a living. But it gets overly complicated when you try to explain to people what exactly it is. So sometimes, I just say that I own my own business in the creative industry. I do contract work, etc. But the more I try to explain, the more blank looks I get.

So, I've learned to just laugh, and settle with: " I get to do what I love for a living."

{For more on what I "do for a living" you can check out my website: bluebirdchic.com. I'm so blessed to have more doors opening all the time in the creative and crafting industry, the most recent being a contract to contribute two projects/chapters to an upcoming book that will be released in 2014. I so love the sewing and designing that I do, and I appreciate every single shop order that allows me to do what I love for a living.}

Be sure to check out One Little Word for this month's challenge to see what the other ladies have created and play along!

2 comments:

Meghann Andrew said...

Love this, Leah! My camera strap makes me very happy & I have you to thank for it!

Marsha Valk said...

Love the story! And the page is stunning too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails