Saturday, November 17, 2007

Friday night pizza



Tried something new last night. Taco pizza. :D It's sort of evolved into a tradition at our house to have either pizza or chicken nuggets on Fridays. Less work for Mommy.

The dough recipe is from Nigella Lawson's How to Be a Domestic Goddess I can't say enough good things about all of her books and recipes. I love her writing style. I can sit down and just read her recipe books. She shares a lot about her food philosophy and just fun little stories. Definitely recommend. :)

Getting ready for Thanksgiving, too. I usually make a Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake to share with the family. Gathering ingredients so I don't have to scramble at the last minute. I'll be baking that on Wednesday. I'll share the recipe then for those interested. One of the things that makes it unique and really yummy is that instead of using graham crackers for the crust, you use gingersnaps. Great compliment for the pumpkin flavors. {sigh} I love the holidays. :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Mmmmmm...the pizza looks delicious! I love homemade pizza. I'm not really a cook (my husband does all the cooking--lucky me!!), but the book sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out. I'd love to see a receipe for the pumpkin cheesecake. Have fun baking!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails