Friday, May 2, 2008

This week's challenge - hybrid!

So this week's challenge for AC Bailey was to create a hybrid layout. For those of you unfamiliar with that term, in scrapbooking it refers to using some digital and some traditional paper products on a page! Very fun to combine the 2! :)

This was my entry:


Can you tell which is which? I started by creating a frame for the photo using Sande Kreiger's free Embrace Life kit. (If you're just getting started in the digital/hybrid scrapping, there are soooo many free things out there that you can just play around with - it helped me figure out what I liked working with before going and purchasing a bunch...)

Back to the layout... I only used the flourishes & star date stamp, but there are a bunch of great things in this kit! Then, I printed everything, used pencil crayons to lightly color in the newsprint in the flourishes, and added my traditional supplies & photo, and a few little embellishments to dress it up. I also trimmed and mounted it onto patterned paper. Much easier than you may have ever thought.

Anyone looking forward to fun activities for National Scrapbook Day? There are some really great things going on at The Paper Niche if you're in the area... (You could win $100 credit for the store!! That's reason enough to stop by and pick up a few things if you ask me! Plus they'll be doing make-and-takes, and are having a layout contest... too much fun!

1 comment:

Renee Clark said...

Cute! Fun layout! I keep thinking I'll do more hybrid. Maybe someday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails