Thursday, May 6, 2010

May Kit projects for the Paper Niche!

The May kit for The Paper Niche, "Not Too Shabby" is up for sale!
I had fun working with the bright colors and unique elements! And of course, you know I had to use my sewing machine, inks and paints!

And of course, the details on the Prima papers are always fabulous...

I posted one night on my facebook when I was working away on these layouts:
One of my favorite things about this kit were the white elements that I could recolor. To color this white prima flower, I used the "candy apple red" glimmermist and then toned it down a bit with some "tattered leather" glimmermist. This was the result:

And a little crackle accents on the butterflies...


And finally, my altered piece. I just took one of the 8x8 refill canvas pages from prima and created a little wall hanging. I may add a small picture nestled above the flower on top of the cage...

You can kind of see some of the things I did to the cage here. I painted it, pearlized it, crackled it, and then distressed with ink...

Lots of fun! Hope you're having a lovely week!

6 comments:

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

i just found your blog today and your work is absolutely stunning!!!! i love your blog and have become a follower - have a great day xxx

Phoebe said...

LEAH!! Look at all the fabulousness on your blog!! Gah!! Amazing work, lovie!! I've missed ya, girlie!! Huggles!! :)

k.miller said...

fabulous as always... i love the tip on the glimmer mist and white primas.

Unknown said...

These layouts are fabulous! Love what you did with the Jillibean alpha. Very cool. Looks like a great kit.

Elisabeth said...

Beautiful work as always Leah!

Sasha Farina said...

oh yumminess.. my fav is the cake layout too, and your recolored flowers are divine :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails