Saturday, June 26, 2010

Halloween in June...

Thanks to this girl's halloween layout, I remembered just how much I LOVE American Crafts Halloween line from last year. Unfortunately for me, I hadn't pulled the mojo together to scrap anything from our 2009 Halloween - YET.

Last year was  super busy one for me. I was putting all of my creative energy into being a digital designer {and I had weekly deadlines that had to be met}, and coordinating a monthly kit for my local scrapbook store. I loved doing both of those things, but decided to take on less commitment this year - and it's been awesome. It was tough to give up, but I've been able to put more of my creative energy back into doing  things for myself and our family. And thankfully,  I've been able to keep the digital designing on a smaller scale!

So here's what I came up with when I pulled my stuff out! This was my favorite photo from Halloween last year... I'm also thinking you'll be seeing a few more layouts - I want to put one together about the gingerbread haunted house we decorated! ^_^

A little tip on the masking with the glimmermist - I start digging through my old supplies looking for things I'm unlikely to use. I don't really own a lot of official masks. lol These flourishes were from a set of chipboards that I received as a part of a kit club two years ago. They're glittery and not really in colors that I normally use, so... I decided to slap them on my page as a mask. Wah-Lah! One more added element of interest on my page, and I used a supply that I otherwise wouldn't have!

Detail shots: {lots of stitching and ink, as usual!}






Who says you can't pull out your Halloween stuff in June?! The boys are already talking about what they want to be this year!

Hope you're having a great weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So cute! That black glimmer mist just rocks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails