Friday, June 18, 2010

understanding...photography.

it's something that's always held a pull for me... I think it's one of the extreme examples of combining knowledge {ie., concrete, measurable, mathematic data }with intuition and artistic license. Knowledge isn't enough. Intuition isn't enough. It has to be a combination of both. All that to say...

I've gotten lazy. 

And then I wonder why I'm not happy with my results. Silly me!

So, I've picked up a copy of the book Understanding Exposure, hoping this'll take me to the next level. To be honest, I grabbed it at the library {why not save a few dollars, right?} - and I've already decided to purchase it. Along with several other books by the same author. I love his writing style, but - to be completely honest, I'm not sure I'd recommend it to a total newbie. I already have a grasp on the basic concepts that he's discussing. I'll let you know as I continue through the book, though! I've already learned some great things on metering in just the first few pages. I'm loving his comprehensive approach...

And we're finally having some storms! We've been having crazy hot weather, and when that happens, it usually kicks up some nasty storms.  Daily. {that's a sub-tropic climate for you!}We had a few days without them, and now we're making up for it. This was actually a tiny bit scary last night - it was utterly calm. So, I grabbed the camera and snapped a pic.

As a part of my photography work in the coming month, I'll be doing a Photo Of The Day {POTD} challenge with some girlfriends of mine. I'm really excited about this... {though I really need to replace my camera strap - as it's looking rather abused. I've had it for over a year, so I guess it's ready to retire!}

Happy Friday!!

2 comments:

laverneboese said...

I have that book too, but can't find it....grr. Looking forward to all of your photos. Is there something you can't do? Have u bought the Rosetta Stone for Spanish yet? I'm thinking about making the purchase, but the price tag...yikes!

Unknown said...

hey if you ever have any questions about photography i have a degree in it and then i was sales manager for canon in N.Ireland.. so i know the cameras inside out and upside down and all you could ever need to know about camera equipment, lighting etc etc...

Related Posts with Thumbnails