Thursday, August 5, 2010

getting ready...

Lately, I feel like I'm apologizing a lot for not being around. ^_^ That's just the way the summer is, I guess! I always feel so incredibly busy during the school year, that it feels impossible to take on other large projects...

Which... is what I'm in the process of doing this week!

The boys are getting bigger {sniff}. And getting rid of the crib is a bit overdue. I actually wanted to do it last summer, but the little guy just barely turned three, and when we talked about it, he definitely wasn't ready yet, so we waited. Then once the school year was in full swing, it became impossible to undertake such a big task, so we waited again.  And here we are! I'm prepping the room to paint, since it hasn't been done in many years. They're both now so excited about getting bunk beds that they have trouble sleeping at night.

And yes, the current color is a boring beige. It has to do with the fact that we didn't have a ton of time when we were getting it ready for our oldest son before he was born. ^_^
So, we looked around and found some great bedding {I'll have pics coming once we've painted}, and then we headed off to pick out paint colors. I debated for a brief moment. Brief. Looked at blues. Yummy, saturated blues. Then I decided. Just do it. Go for it. I thought that with all the blue in the quilts, the room would actually end up looking blah with all that blue in the room. And I hate blah.


So I did it. I picked out a deep, gorgeous, bloody red. Don't get me wrong. I have no problem with color. I just wasn't sure about how I felt with the boys' room that color! It's a lot of work to paint a large room that dark of a color. 

Now we're all prepped and ready for the primer. I'll post an update as soon as the red is on the walls!

3 comments:

beckyjune said...

Awesome! I love red and can't wait to see how it looks in your boys' room. We painted our office a nice, bold red and just love it. I think it's my favorite color we've used in the house so far.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I had Adam's room red once and WE both loved it!! Can't wait to see it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Cheri said...

I have several red walls in the house . . . be sure you got the primer for the red, it really helps to not have to go over it 5000 times. I love red. I think red is a great color for energetic boys!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails