Wednesday, November 10, 2010

another pumpkin fave: pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.



One of our favorite autumn treats around here are the pumpkin muffins. I start making them in September and roll right on through Thanksgiving. I almost always add mini chocolate chips {a combination that my mom has been putting together since I was a little girl!} and top them with course, raw sugar for a sweet crunchy top! I definitely stock up on pumpkin when I can!! This is a recipe that I modified from my mother-in-law's classic sweet bread...

Spiced Pumpkin Muffins
1 c. vegetable oil
1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
3 eggs
3 c. all purpose flour
2 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. salt
1 c. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
raw sugar

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Pour the oil and pumpkin puree into a large mixing bowl. Add the 3 eggs and whisk together. In a separate bowl, measure the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and spices and whisk together. Pour the dry ingredients into the pumpkin/egg/oil mixture and gently stir with a strong wooden spoon until it's just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Spoon into paper lined muffin tins, filling the cups 2/3-3/4 full.

Sprinkle with raw sugar. {Or sanding sugar. I was out of the raw. But that's definitely me favorite. It gives the best crunch. HeeHee}

Bake the muffins for 15-20 minutes. Pop them out to cool on a  rack.


Enjoy:



I can never resist them very long!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails