Thursday, November 11, 2010

oh my Glitz...

I recently received a package of their latest lines, and can I just say... I kept going from one thing to another... It all works together so fabulously that I wanted to use it ALL.

But I didn't. I just used some of it to put together these two layouts. :)
With all the talk this year about having an "attitude of gratitude" in the month of November {sort of like an advent idea, but Thanksgiving themed}, it really got me thinking. I want to live a life of gratitude. I live in one of the wealthiest nations in the world. I never go to bed at night hungry {except by my choosing! lol}, or want for shelter, or suffer oppression for having my own opinion. I have a family that loves me, and clean drinking water. I can worship freely without any oppression. I have access to medical and dental care. There is nothing that I need that I can't get. Nothing. I don't need designer clothes and bags. Fancy cars or shoes. Trips all over the globe. {though they might be nice!} I want to remember that I have what I need. And I should be grateful. All year round.
Supply List:
Glitz Designs "Scarlett" Papers: Polka, Map, Stripe
Glitz Designs "Scarlett" Glitzer stickers
Glitz Designs Love Nest Peek-A-Boo
Glitz Designs "Scarlett" Journaling Cardstock Stickers
Glitz Designs "Love Nest" Rubons
Glitz Designs Teeny Alpha Round
Other:
Trims: Wester's Pages, May Arts, Madori
Foam Letters: American Crafts

And how could I resist the birthday photos when the new "Hoopla" line is so perfect for scrapping them? I had actually run across these photos the other day while looking for something else and was thinking that I needed to find some way to scrapbook them, since they're so irresistible.

One quick trick: instead of peeling the "celebrate" letter off - I decided to keep them on the sheet! The white background worked in perfectly with what I was doing and I didn't have to worry about placing the letters evenly.

Supplies:
Glitz Designs "Love Nest" paper: Stripe
Glitz Designs "Hoopla" Papers: Pipework, Polka and Frames
Glitz Designs "Hoopla" Cardstock Titles, Glitzers, Rubons
Glitz Designs Teeny Alpha Aqua
Glitz Designs Frosting Giant Pink, Black, Green
Glitz Designs Stamps: Distressing Set 3
Other:
Tim Holz Distress Ink from Ranger in Pumace

Have a fabulous day!

2 comments:

dalijablog said...

That's a lovely story and I LOVE both of your LO. You're so good at it! ;)

Jennifer Yates said...

These are so gorgeous leah...great words of gratitude!

Related Posts with Thumbnails