Friday, November 4, 2011

sewing love

I spent my "free" time {what  mommy ever truly has free time? lol} yesterday tackling some projects that have been on my mind for a while - and I have to say that I'm SUPER happy with the way that they're turning out! {I'm in the experimenting stage of pulling ideas for my Etsy shop.}

Sewing is one of those things that just makes me happy. You know for me  - it's one of those activities that you can take refuge in when you're feeling sad, or just sit down to do and forget the world around you. There's always a magical point when you can't set the project down as you see it come together...
I've put together just enough of this last night to remember how much I love quilting - and to want something like this to cover our entire bed. The idea was inspired by a chevron bed scarf tutorial posted on the sew, mama, sew blog.

And I definitely have chevron on the brain. This was Wednesday's project:
Crochet is the perfect project/activity to work on when I'm stuck sitting and waiting for the boys at one of their activities.

And of course I whipped up this quick camera strap cover for a friend who had a custom request! So much fun - love how this turned out! You might just be seeing more of that houndstooth making an appearance soon!
Happy Friday! Hope you have plans for something creative this weekend - it makes me feel so happy and recharged when I can make something with my hands!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

loving the chevrons!!! x

Paige Taylor Evans said...

I can't wait to see the finished Chevron quilt! It looks amazing so far!

beckyjune said...

you're amazing, Leah! I'm lovin' the chevron, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails